Thursday, May 06, 2010

Mother's Day Incidents

Incident 1

Just last week I got the time to spend with MAK. So I brought her for some shopping spree together with Yayah.

We started with lunch at Eiman's KopiTiam. It was a simple lunch but delicious.
Right after that we went to do the shopping spree. While shopping, she saw this nice non-stick 'kuali'. She asked me to check the price.
I checked and told her it was RM21.90. She was super excited. She claimed it was cheap as the 'kuali' is quite a quality product.

So when arrived at cashier counter, the so-called cheap 'kuali' turned out to be RM81.90. She gulped in shocked. Her eyes went wide. She panicked. But the cashier already punched the numbers and we have got no choice but pay for the now superbly expensive 'kuali'.

Then yayah and I agreed to buy the kuali as Mother's Day Gift. Immediately you see her face enlightened and her happiness glow through her not-so-big-eyes!
She got a Mother's Day gift in advanced and by chance... hehehehe

Mak - Happy Mother's Day - I love YOU with all my heart!!! Thank you for being there when I need you.

Incident 2

Last night Nurul Ain requested for extra money (on top of her daily allowance).
Please follow the mother & daughter conversation :
Ain : Mama, can I have more pocket money tomorrow?
Mama: Huh, untuk apa?
Ain : Alah, takde apa... I want to buy present for you for Mother's Day
MAma's reaction - almost fainted but with a big smile on my face
Mama : Oh yeke... how much do you want?
Ain : Hmmmm, tak banyak RM1 je...
Mama : Huh, nak beli apa dengan RM1 je?
Ain : Adalah...
Mama : OKlah, I give you tomorrow

Today - afternoon, before she went to school, I received call from Ain again with the below conversation
Ain : Mama, I want additional RM0.50. Can ar?
Mama : Huh, untuk ape pulak nih?
Ain : To buy another gift la..
Mama : Ish, tak payah la dik. Satu je dah cukup...
Ain : Alah mama, all my friends buy 2 presents for their mommies... so I also want to buy another one for you....
Mama : Oklah... ask kakak to take the money from the savings bag ok...
Ain : Ok, tq mama!

Later - just a while ago (when she returned from school), she called me, with the following conversation...
Ain : Mama, I already bought the 2 presents for you...
Mama : Oh is it? Ok lah, then you give me this Sunday lah, when we celebrate Mother's Day...
Ain : Ok, but you must help me ...
Mama : Help you with what???
Ain : Help to buy for me gift wrapper and then help me to wrap the presents, ok!!!
Mama's reaction - garu kepala yang tak gatal sambil tersengih2 kambing...

My daughter - so eager to celebrate Mother's Day!!!

2 comments:

lunacy said...

so, what did she get for u?? hihi cute lah ain ; )

EeSoon said...

I am curious too.
So what did she get for you?
haha..