Thursday, November 07, 2013

6th November 2013...

This post came in one day late! It should be done yesterday, but overwhelmed with how things are going on in the office, thus it only appears today.

Why should this post come out yesterday rightfully and not today? Because it is my beloved sister's 35th birthday... got it???

She is 35 yesterday - Norazizie Mansor. She was born 35 years and 1 day ago, 6 years after I came into this world. She was a different breed altogether. Cranky, always crying when she was an infant. And we thought that would improve as she grew bigger, but we were so wrong!! She has the softest heart, easily touched and super bloody sensitive. Her tears would come out flowing profusely just by the bits of a 'sweet - adoiiii, budak ini!'. Mak had a tough time pacifying her almost every now and then.

To make things worst, she has the weirdest habit among all of us the siblings. She would pee in her pants - yes, literally... whenever mak or ayah gave her a scolding. There was once ayah was upset with her, but then remembered that she would pee in her pants, quickly put her in the toilet, then only started to scold her... hahaha, how funny that was. Another thing that I would remember about her was her craziness over tangling earrings. She just loved wearing them. She would cry and wail everytime mak went to market without buying her those tangling earrings. Eerie....

But those were more than 2 decades ago. Things changed when she was in her secondary school. She changed from the 'ugly duckling' into a pretty swan. She became the favourite among her friends. Teachers had no other words to describe her other than praises and how good she was in school.

She topped in her class almost every year and she went through her 'O' levels with flying colours. She became the center of attraction and was well-loved by almost everybody who knew her, even in an instance. Her confidence, her persistent to move forward, her courage to try out new things, really took her very very far. She had travelled half the world now and went to places where none of us would want to go or would have gone, ALONE!!

Now, happily married with 2 kids, a growing teenager and a naughty little rascal that we all love, she has turned out to be such a motherly person. She cooks well I must say, she bakes, she makes kuih, she feeds her family with her 2 bare hands, despite her daily busy schedule.

She has become a complete woman figure at the age of 35. All I want to say (which I hardly say, sorry my fault) I love you sis with all my heart. Even though we are always on different views and thoughts, we fight, we argue, we yell and scream at each other, I love you dearly! You will always be my confidante, my point of reference, my best friend and most important of all, my sister forever... nothing could ever come in between us! NOTHING!!!

Happy 35th Birthday, dear sis! May Allah provide you with barakah and rahmah abundance.
I know I still owe you a birthday gift (I am still scratching my head what to get for you), but don't fret, it will sure come, in sha Allah.

Just a last note, I couldn't believe that you are celebrating your 35th birthday... to me, you are still that little sister of mine, who loves to cry and be cranky...




No comments: